The purpose of the Deacon Ministry is to assist the pastoral staff by ministering to the congregation in ways that build unity and enhance spiritual growth and fellowship.
Primary Areas of Service
- Baptisms and Lord's Supper: Assists with the preparation and fulfillment of these two biblical ordinances.
- Hosptial Visitation: Visits and encourages church members who are having surgery and/or staying in the hosptial.
- Homebound Member: Ministers to church members who are unable to leave home due to difficult circumstances, providing spiritual and physical support, such as prayer, visits, deliveries, and other helps as needed.
- Nursing Home: Helps and encourages church members who are living in the nursing home, either short-term or long-term.
- Bereavement: Provides spiritual and emotional support to church members who experience the loss of a loved one.
- Prayer List: Cares for the specific needs of church members who are listed on our weekly prayer list.
- New Members: Helps new church members learn about the church and stay involved in ministry during their first year.
If you need the assistance of a deacon, please contact the church office.